THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN C
Long gone may be the days when our biggest concern was getting scurvy from severe lack of vitamin C; However, our immunity health and wellness in general is more important now than ever.
Did you know? Vitamin C is a water-soluable vitamin that must be obtained from your diet or supplements. It can be found naturally in a variety of fruits and vegetables including oranges, strawberries, kiwis, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers and kale. The recommended daily intake of vitamin C for women is 75mg and 90mg for men.
According to Healthline.com, the numerous impressive health benefits of vitamin C may include:
- Boosting immunity: Consuming vitamin C may help white blood cells function more effectively, strengthen your skin's defense system, and help wounds heal faster.
- Reducing heart disease and dementia risk: Low levels of vitamin C have been linked to an increased risk of memory and thinking disorders such as dementia. May also lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides levels.
- Lowering blood pressure: Studies have found that vitamin C supplements helped lower blood pressure in both healthy adults and those with high blood pressure.
- Protecting against gout attacks: It's linked to reducing blood uric acid levels and thereby lowering risk of gout.
- Boosting antioxidant levels: Vitamin C is naturally a strong antioxidant that can help boost your blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%.
- Improving iron absorption: Consuming vitamin-C-rich foods may help to reduce the risk of iron deficiency.
TIP: A vitamin C supplement is a great, easy way to help boost your vitamin C intake if you struggle to reach your daily recommended amount.
Luckily for you, nearly* all of our LIFEAID products contain vitamin C (in the form of ascorbic acid, the most bioavailable & readily absorbed form of vitamin C). Fun fact: IMMUNITYAID actually contains 20x the amount of vitamin C in one orange!
Each blend also offers additional ingredients and nutrients to help benefit your mind and body, plus the refreshing taste of vitamins you'll actually enjoy drinking! Discover them all and shop online at FIT TRENDZ (We'll ship right to your doorstep.)
C O N C L U S I O N
During a time when all of our systems could use a little added immunity boost, it's important to include vitamin C in your daily nutritional goals. With the numerous health benefits of vitamin C that we now know, this powerhouse vitamin is clearly no longer just a pirate's cure for scurvy! So whether the foods you eat naturally provide you with enough vitamin C or you need to supplement, be sure to keep vitamin-C-packed foods and/or supplements stocked in your home as a healthy part of your daily diet.
All images courtesy of LIFEAID and UnSplash | Additional sources: Heatlhline.com & VitaVibes.com
Please note: LIFAID products and this information is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any disease.