With Halloween coming up this weekend, we wanted to share some yummy recipes with you, some you could even share with your Trick or Treater's!
PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH CACAO FROSTING
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, softened
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-3 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line one 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a countertop mixer beat together coconut oil and coconut palm sugar. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until creamy. Slowly add flour mixture until combined thoroughly.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Place cupcakes on a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
1. Combine confectioners sugar, cacao and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate bowl beat butter until creamy. Slowly add the confectioners sugar and cacao. Add milk as needed. Beat until creamy.
3. Top the cupcakes with the frosting.
CHOCOLATE PBFIT CUP BATS
- 8 oz chocolate
- 5 Tbsp PBfit
- 4 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies
- small candy eyes
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler. Add 2 Tbsp of the coconut oil to your melted chocolate and stir til incorporated.
2. Place mini muffin liners in your mini muffin pan.
3. Put a spoonful of chocolate in each one, filling ⅓ of the way up. Place muffin tray the freezer to allow the chocolate harden.
4. While the chocolate is hardening. Mix the Pbfit and water together, add the last Tablespoon of Coconut oil to the pbfit.
5. Once the chocolate is hardened remove the muffin tray from freezer. Add a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture to each candy.
6. Cover with remaining chocolate.
7. Place in freezer to allow the entire candy to harden.
8. While the Pbfit cups are in the freezer. Take you sandwich cookies, twist them a part and scrape the filling into a small bowl. Carefully break each cookie in half to be used as bat wings.
9. Once the Pbfit cups are fully hardened. Remove the muffin lining from the outside. Taking one half of a cookie, put a little bit of the cookie filling on one corner and place on one half of the Pbfit cup to create the wings, repeat on the other side.
10. Take a little bit of the cookie filling and place on the back of each candy eye and place in the middle of the pbfit cup to complete the bat. Repeat the process with the remaining candies.
PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPY MONSTER TREATS
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup PBfit - premixed
- 1/2 cup Organic Agave
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz white chocolate
- food dye
- small candy eyes
1. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the Cereal in a large bowl.
3. Put the agave, pbfit, and mini marshmallows in a small pan and heat over medium heat until the marshmallows are melted.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix until evenly coated.
5. Dump the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and make it even using a rubber spatula.
6. Place in the fridge until set and hardened.
7. Melt your chocolate in the microwave or use a double boiler. Once melted separate in to different bowls and add the different colors of food dye to each bowl.
8. To create your monsters, take a square of your Rice Krispie treats, dip or spoon half in the chocolate, add the candy eyes and sprinkles and whatever else you would like to add.
9. Place your creations on a plate and place in fridge to harden the chocolate.
TRICK OR TREAT